My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

DONATIONS NEEDED FOR CHILDREN'S GIFTS AND PERMANENT BUILDING

It's not really Christmas in July, but now is a great time to help The Santa's Elves Foundation, which is requesting donations to assist families during Christmas.

According to Debra Alexander, president of the foundation, "Our mission is to bring joy to the children of Price County at Christmastime.  We provide gifts for the children of families that are going through financial hardships."

In 2021, 71 families with 194 children were given a brighter Christmas thanks to donations from the community.

According to Deb, the total number of families and children helped fluctuates every year.  The foundation has helped as many as 300 children during past Christmases.

Finding room to store all the much-appreciated donations is another challenge, however.  For that reason, the Santa's Elves Foundation started a building fund many years ago so they can have a permanent home.  Deb shared, "We have been utilizing space in churches and area businesses throughout the past years.  This is a difficult process as we have to be able to use the facility for six to eight weeks in order to setup, review, process, and distribute the gifts to the qualified families."  The group has been researching purchasing an office trailer, mobile home, or some other permanent option.  "We have had property donated to us, so we need a building where we can get heat, water, and electric.  If someone has one they want to donate or sell at a very reasonable price range, that would be great.  We would still have the expense of site prep, utilities, transportation, and labor," Deb added.

Santa's Elves Foundation is a 501-3c organization.  You can mail your monetary donations to Santa's Elves Foundation, P.O. Box 127, Fifield, WI  54524 or donate via GoFundMe at https://www.gofundme.com/f/christmas-che...c604758b74

Written By:  Lynne Bohn, MyPriceCounty.com
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2023, 01:42 AM by My Northern Wisconsin.)

Messages In This Topic
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR CHILDREN'S GIFTS AND PERMANENT BUILDING - by My Northern Wisconsin - 07-26-2022, 01:53 AM