My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

PHILLIPS: LACI SCHUH, OWNER OF THE DREAMER BOUTIQUE

Submitted photo.

Publication Date:  April 20, 2016

Laci Schuh is the owner of The Dreamer Boutique located at 126 North Lake Avenue in downtown Phillips, Wisconsin, which opened in January of 2016.  She holds a Fashion Marketing degree from MATC in Madison, Wisconsin.  Laci does not have any siblings or children, and she is currently single.

In our Spotlight interview, we try to ask unique questions that may provoke some interesting and introspective answers.  Based on our questions, Laci shared the following narrative with us:

I grew up in Phillips, Wisconsin, and then I moved to Madison for 4 years for college.  After graduation, I moved to Boulder, Colorado for 2 years and then decided to move to the West Coast! I lived in Santa Cruz, California for a year and half, and then I moved up to Portland, Oregon for 2 years.  Since I missed California, I moved back down to San Francisco for 2 years, Marin County for another 2 years, and up in gold country for 2 more years before I finally came home!  It is so nice to not have to move all my belongings around anymore!  It was fun but a lot of work!

My biggest contribution to Price County is opening up my boutique, The Dreamer Boutique.  After working in retail for others my whole adult life, I could actually afford to open my own shop here.  It brings eclectic items you couldn't find in Phillips before, and I have been welcomed with open arms!  I’m so grateful!

What I would most like to see in Price County is more live music and entertainment as that's what I've been accustomed to seeing everywhere else I've lived the last eighteen years.  It is one of my biggest passions and most frequent pastime.  Today I spoke with the new owner of a popular bar downtown, and he said he plans to expand the courtyard they have a few buildings down from my store.  They plan to set up a stage for bands so it looks like the possibility is arising!

I would suggest young people move to this area, because it's so affordable and beautiful in the spring, summer, and fall, because it’s surrounded by lakes.  It gets cold in the winter, but there are still plenty of outdoor activities to do year-round.  There are a lot of fun and friendly people here, but it would be great to get more people my age back here to help revive the city.  There are a ton of work opportunities, too!

My favorite vacation destinations I've been to are the Bahamas, Hawaii, and Jamaica, because I like the laid back vibes, the ocean, and the beautiful, warm weather.  I hope to go to more tropical places sooner than later as I love to travel and see new places and cultures.

My biggest wish is for world peace and all beings to be free of suffering.

If I had two minutes to grab something from my home before it was destroyed it would be my precious dog, Lollypop, because she is my prized possession.  She has brought me so much joy, and I love her with my whole heart.

My “guiding light” is my mother.  She deserves a standing ovation not only because she went through some tragedies in her life and still did a great job raising me, but because she has worked the same job at Phillips Plating for 40 years as of this year.  Bravo, Mom!  When I couldn't find my way, and had my heart broken multiple times, she showed me I can still accomplish my dreams.

My mottos for life are, “Don't sweat the small stuff,” “Any given moment can change your life,” “Everything will work out the way it's supposed to,” “Find what you love and go for it,” and “Love doesn't make the world go round, but it sure makes the ride worthwhile!”

We thank Laci for being our first “Spotlight:  People of Price County.”  Stop into Laci’s shop and let her know you saw her “Spotlight.”  If you would like to nominate someone, including yourself, to be interviewed, please e-mail us at Contact@MyPriceCounty.com with the person’s name and his or her e-mail address, Facebook page, and/or phone number.  Our next “Spotlight” will be someone from Prentice or Park Falls.  Stay tuned!

Written By:  Lynne Bohn

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 11:32 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)