My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

LINCOLN COUNTY: KRISTOPHER ELLIS APPOINTED AS DISTRICT ATTORNEY

On July 8, 2022, Governor Tony Evers appointed Kristopher Ellis to serve as the district attorney for Lincoln County. The vacancy was created by District Attorney Galen Bayne-Allison’s election to the Lincoln County Circuit Court.  Ellis will serve for the remainder of the unexpired term that ends in January of 2025.

Ellis graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Akron School of Law.  He was a sole practitioner focusing on criminal litigation at the circuit court and appellate court levels.  For nearly four years, he was the assistant state public defender in Merrill; he represented clients in Price and Lincoln counties.  Along with representing criminal defendants, he took on juvenile, revocation, and termination of parental rights cases, plus involuntary mental health commitments.  He worked on a team to start an OWI treatment court in Lincoln County.  Since June, Ellis has been an assistant district attorney in Lincoln County.

“Kristopher Ellis has demonstrated he has the knowledge, temperament, and ability to help reduce crime and make our communities safer,” said Governor Evers.  “He is committed to working to ensure Lincoln County is a great place to live, work, and raise a family, which will make him an excellent district attorney.”

“Governor Evers has made an excellent selection in appointing Kristopher Ellis as Lincoln County District Attorney,” said former Price County District Attorney and current Price and Taylor County Assistant District Attorney Mark Fuhr.  “Kristopher has the skill set and experience necessary to lead that office, and I am confident he will serve as a fair and effective prosecutor for the citizens of Lincoln County.”

Kristopher Ellis commented, “It is truly an honor to be selected by Governor Evers to serve the people of Wisconsin as the Lincoln County District Attorney.  I look forward to continuing my work with the excellent staff at the district attorney’s office.  Galen Bayne-Allison was able to create a great relationship between the district attorney’s office and local law enforcement; I plan to continue with that practice to work together in the interest of justice.  I sincerely appreciate Governor Evers giving me the opportunity to serve the people of Wisconsin as the Lincoln County District Attorney.”