My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

TAYLOR COUNTY: MEDFORD SCHOOLS RECEIVE TECH ED GRANT

The Medford Area Public School District will receive a $50,000 grant to purchase a ShopSabre Sidekick 4 Plasma System, an Auto Electronics Trainer, a Grizzly G9933-3HP Three Spindle Shaper, a Grizzly G0490X - 8" x 76" Jointer with Parallelogram Beds and Spiral Cutterhead, and a ShopSabre RC-9 Router System for its technical education program, allowing students to become familiar with cutting-edge technology used in manufacturing, construction, and automotive industries, according to a press release from Governor Evers' office.

This is funded through the Wisconsin Fast Forward Program to increase the number of students in career and technical education programs.

“We are committed to helping Wisconsin’s young people get the kind of high-demand, high-skill job training they need to be prepared to join our state’s workforce,” said Governor Evers.  “This is exactly the kind of collaboration and initiative we strive for in our relationships with school districts, employers, and our agency partners to help support student’s success and bolster the future of our workforce in some of Wisconsin’s most critical industries.” 

“This latest round of funding will broaden educational and employment opportunities for some 1,400 students in more than a dozen rural and underserved communities statewide,” said Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Secretary-designee Amy Pechacek.  “These Wisconsin Fast Forward investments are part of DWD’s proven strategy to expand our future workforce with homegrown talent.  Going forward, the economic impact of these grants will be multiplied as the students gain new skills, employers gain a competitive edge, and communities gain new vitality.”

Want to see more free news stories?  "Like" the My Taylor County Facebook page and the My Northern Wisconsin Facebook page.  Also, register to see free news in Taylor County and beyond.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 03:15 AM by My Northern Wisconsin.)