My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

SAWYER COUNTY: MAN ARRESTED FOR STABBING AT LOCAL BAR

A stabbing occurred at a bar in the Village of Radisson on February 3, 2023.  At 7:55 a.m., Sawyer County Sheriff’s deputies, assisted by the Sawyer-Washburn-Burnett County SWAT Team and the Barron-Rusk County SWAT Team, responded to the scene.

While on their way to the crime scene, deputies learned that the victim left the bar and went to a residence next door.  The victim was transported by ambulance to the Ladysmith Hospital.  Needing more medical treatment, the person was later flown to another facility.  The extent of the injuries is currently unknown. 

The victim was able to tell the police the identity of the suspect, Mason C. Forest, 31, of Radisson.

Negotiations with the suspect were unsuccessful, so SWAT teams deployed chemical munitions into the establishment.  A short time later, with the assistance of a tactical robot, the SWAT team was able to call the suspect out.  He was taken into custody without further incident and arrested for First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, Resisting Obstructing an Officer, and Disorderly Conduct. He is being held in the Sawyer County Jail and is awaiting a court appearance.

The incident remains under investigation by the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office.

Want to see more free news stories?  "Like" the My Sawyer County Facebook page and the My Northern Wisconsin Facebook page.  Don't have Facebook?  Register to see free news in Sawyer County and beyond.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 08:33 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)