My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

PHILLIPS:  MAN ARRESTED IN TOWNSHIP OF WORCESTER BURGLARIES

On Tuesday, May 2, 2023, the Price County Sheriff's Office received three burglary complaints, all based in the Township of Worcester.

It was believed the three burglaries were conducted by the same individual(s), because of the evidence at the scenes and the proximity to each other.

Items stolen were ATVs, chainsaws, gas cans, and water heaters, among other items.

On May 5, 2023, while serving a drug warrant at a residence in the Township of Worcester, officers located several items matching the descriptions of the stolen property.  One man was arrested for an outstanding felony warrant.

(Article continues after promotional image.)

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES - SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST:  Norvado is an Internet, television, and telephone service provider dedicated to the best technology allowing connection to the world while living the “up north” lifestyle.  View current offers on Norvado's website.

Sheriff Brian Schmidt believes that the "cooperative efforts of proactive traffic enforcement from the patrol staff, the unique and effective skillset possessed by the Price County K9 Unit, the dedication of the investigative staff, and the hard work from the Price County Special Response Team," all played a factor in this individual being caught.  The investigation is ongoing.

Current charges that will be referred to the Price County District Attorney's Office include 21 counts of Felony Bail Jumping - Repeater, 3 counts of Theft - Repeater, 3 counts of Misdemeanor Bail Jumping - Repeater, 2 counts of Burglary - Repeater, 2 counts of Criminal Trespass to Property - Repeater, Forgery - Repeater, Burglary - Arming Self with Dangerous Weapon - Repeater, Possession of Burglarious Tools - Repeater, Receiving Stolen Property - Repeater, Criminal Trespass to Dwelling - Repeater, Operate Vehicle without Owner's Consent - Repeater, Felon in Possession of Firearm - Repeater, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.

GET FREE NEWS IN YOUR INBOX:  Want to see more free news stories, events, help wanted ads, and more?  "Like" the My Price County Facebook page and the My Northern Wisconsin Facebook page.  You can also register to see free news in Price County and beyond.  To sign up to receive our FREE "News Highlights" e-mail, send your e-mail address with "Subscribe" in the subject line to contact@mypricecounty.com  Your privacy is important to us.  We never give away or sell your e-mail address.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2023, 05:58 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)