My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

PRENTICE BUCCANEERS VOLLEYBALL TEAM FINISHES SEASON AFTER FIRST MATCH AT STATE

The Prentice volleyball team traveled to Green Bay to participate in State competition on Friday, November 3, 2023.  Their first Division 4 State match was against Newman Catholic.

Prentice started out strong with Newman Catholic trailing for most of the first set, but Newman Catholic's offense soon stepped up their game, and the first set ended 25-21.  Newman picked up the remaining two sets with scores of 25-10 and 25-15 and will advance to the championship match on Saturday morning.

Coach Mike Murphy said that the hurt of this loss will subside, and they will remember the great season they had.  The team captured the most volleyball wins in the school's history.  "I'm so proud of these girls.  It's fantastic.  There has not been a practice where they haven't given me 100%," the coach said.

Even though the championship title wasn't meant to be this year, the Prentice Buccaneers volleyball team and coach had a successful season of which they and the community can be proud.

[Image: deercreekangus.jpg]
Deer Creek Angus, LLC has a large selection of Black Angus burgers, steaks, roasts, and other beef products sold by individual packages and in quarters, halves, and whole.  Contact Deer Creek Angus, LLC at 715-550-6156, find products & pricing on their website, and follow their Facebook page.

You can view and share this article on Facebook at this link.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2023, 04:37 AM by My Northern Wisconsin.)