My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

MARSHFIELD CLINIC HEALTH SYSTEM WILL NOT MERGE WITH ESSENTIA HEALTH

On January 5, 2024 Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) announced it will no longer merge with Essentia Health.

According to a press release from MCHS, "Essentia Health and MCHS have engaged in meaningful discussion over the last two years about how our organizations could combine our unique strengths.  We have decided that a combination at this time is not the right path forward for our respective organizations, colleagues, and patients."

Essentia Health CEO Dr. David Herman shared, “As we've explored this opportunity, I appreciate the relationships we've built with the skilled Marshfield Clinic providers, staff, and leaders who share our dedication to excellent care."

[Image: bohnwebdesign.jpg]
Bohn Web Design creates custom websites, plus provides SEO marketing, graphic design, website hosting, and more for anyone, anywhere!  Contact Bohn Web Design at 715-339-6677 for a free quote or visit Bohn Web Design's website for more information.

Dr. Brian Hoerneman, MCHS's interim CEO, stated, “Essentia Health and the Marshfield Clinic Health System are high-performing, well-respected, community-focused organizations.  Those similarities served as the basis for efforts toward a combination.  As we now move our separate ways, Marshfield Clinic looks forward to advancing our 100-year legacy of providing compassionate and accessible care to the communities we serve.  Our commitment to continually enhance the level of care we provide remains firmly in place as we look to the future."

In March 2023, under 3% of MCHS's employees learned they would lose their jobs and 500 positions that were not yet filled were eliminated.  The largest job cuts were outside of the My Northern Wisconsin coverage area in places like Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Rice Lake, and Ladysmith.

In November 2023, MCHS told employees that the CEO, chiefs, presidents, vice presidents, and directors would be receiving a decrease in pay to help with their "financial turnaround strategy."

MCHS stated that the merger with Essentia Health was not part of their "financial turnaround strategy."

You can share this on Facebook at this link.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:36 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)