My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

URGENT CARE CLOSING IN PARK FALLS AT MARSHFIELD MEDICAL CENTER

Urgent care services, which have been offered to the community for a number of years, will be ceasing on Thursday, February 1, 2024 at the Marshfield Medical Center in Park Falls.

A staff member that My Price County spoke with at the clinic was not aware of this closure but directed us to another department.  That staff member confirmed the closure and stated patients can be served in the emergency room or through an appointment with their care provider.  When My Price County asked why this decision was made, we were directed to Laurie McKuen, but she was in a meeting.  We are told she will get in touch to answer our questions.  We will update this article after we talk with Laurie.

(Article continues after promotional message.)
[Image: kenscarpet.jpg]
Ken's Carpet & The Consignment Store sells all flooring types (carpet, vinyl, wood, & ceramic), bedding / mattresses, appliances, solar systems, and consignment sales of furniture, automobiles, farming & logging equipment, ATVs, UTVs, trailers, and campers.  Call 715-339-4838 for product inquiries, and follow Ken's Carpet & The Consignment Store's Facebook page.

In the meantime, we were in communication with John Gardner, Marshfield Clinic Health System Director of Communications, regarding the closure of home health and hospice services in Price County, so we also asked him about the urgent care closure.  John told My Price County, "We believe our providers will be able to offer the same care in a more cost-effective manner for our patients by utilizing same day appointments at the clinic or an appointment within 24 hours.  The emergency department will continue to provide emergent care 24 hours a day, seven days a week."

He further stated that no employees will be impacted by the closure of urgent care.

Read the related story about the closure of home health and hospice services.

You can share this article on Facebook from this link.

---

My Price County is an independent news source that has been promoting Price County since 2012 and reporting news since 2015.  This mostly volunteer organization promotes benefits, fundraisers, and community events plus writes and reports news as a free service to the community.  To aid in our mission, you may share our articles from our Facebook page (or X or Instagram), join our Facebook group, purchase an announcement (birth, engagement, wedding, anniversary, obituary, etc.) or classified ad, advertise your business with us, or contribute with news tips or a monetary donation.  If you are an organization, send us your press releases.  If you know someone in need who has a benefit or fundraiser, send us the information.  We appreciate your support of delivering free, fact-based news to the area.

[Image: freenews.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 05:47 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)