My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

PHILLIPS: HAYDEN SOKOLOWSKI AND ILIANA WINTER NAMED STUDENTS OF THE QUARTER

Submitted photos.

Iliana Winter and Hayden Sokolowski, both seniors, were named Students of the Quarter at Phillips High School.

Hayden Sokolowski is the son of Jim and Michelle Sokolowski. Hayden is in FBLA, mock trial, esports, Northwoods Players, cross country, and track & field.

Hayden stated his favorite school memory is "playing in the WCBA All-State Band in January, the best concert of my life.”

When asked where he sees himself in the future, Hayden replied, “I see myself as some sort of Computer Programmer.”

Iliana Winter is the daughter of Jill Kytonen.  Iliana is in volleyball, both in school and club (Medford Storm); FBLA; and student council.  She manages the girls' varsity basketball team, plays softball, is the senior class vice president, and is on Student Council, plus she is a radio reporter.

Iliana says her favorite part of high school is “Homecoming because of all the school spirit and fun activities; it's the first thing to look forward to when you start school.  There are so many fun activities like dressing up, the pep assembly, the parade, the Friday night Football game, the bonfire, and, of course, the dance on Saturday."

Iliana spoke of her plans for next year, stating, “I plan to attend UW-River Falls next year to major in communications and journalism.”

[Image: subscribe.jpg]
GET YOUR FREE NEWS SUBSCRIPTION.  Send an e-mail with "Subscribe" on the subject line to contact@mypricecounty.com to receive your free news subscription.  Stay up to date on news, events, jobs, and more in Price County and surrounding areas.  You will currently receive about one or two e-mails per month.  We never sell or give away your e-mail address or personal information.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2024, 03:11 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)