My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

PHILLIPS PUBLIC LIBRARY ASKING PATRONS FOR INPUT; YOUTH SERVICES LIBRARIAN LEAVING

PHILLIPS PUBLIC LIBRARY ASKING PATRONS FOR INPUT

At various library board meetings, the library director and members have discussed the types of services and materials they should have at the Phillips Public Library in hopes of bringing more patrons into the library.

The COVID-19 pandemic brought about a shift in how the community uses the library, though the effects of that are lessening as time passes.  Plus, while the library encourages any use of the library's materials, when e-books are checked out, the library does not get credit for that.  The library director has suggested that if people want to help the library get credit for the library being used, to come in and check out the hard copy, and the person can check out the electronic version at the same time.

The library has created a survey to get input from the community.  To take part in the survey, click this link.

YOUTH SERVICES LIBRARIAN LEAVING

Jake Wallace Wyrzykowski, known by many library patrons as "Mr. Jake," has announced he will be leaving his library position at the end of May.  He is taking a job in New Richmond, WI.  He stated, "I have made some wonderful friendships and memories these past six years, and I can't thank our supporters and patrons enough.  There are so many wonderful children in the community, and I think we can learn a lot from them.  View the world with wonder and treat your neighbors with kindness.  Love unconditionally and help others.  Be a kid at heart - no matter what your age may be."

The library has posted this job in our Help Wanted Section.  Learn more at this link.

You can share this article on Facebook from this link.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2024, 02:19 AM by My Northern Wisconsin.)