My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

BOB SAGET, ACTOR, PASSES ON AT AGE 65 - UPDATED 2/9/22

Bob Saget, well-known for his role as Danny Tanner on "Full House" and "Fuller House," the host of "America's Funniest Home Videos" from 1989 to 1997, the narrator of "How I Met Your Mother," and comedian, passed away on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at the age of 65.

According to a sheriff's statement, "Earlier today, deputies were called to the Ritz-Carlton, Grande Lakes for a call about an unresponsive man in a hotel room.  The man was identified as Robert Saget and pronounced deceased on scene  Detectives found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case."  The cause of death will be determined by a medical examiner.

The hotel sent a security officer to his room when family members were unable to get in touch with the actor and they contacted the hotel.  When the officer entered, the lights were off.  Bob Saget was on the bed, cold to the touch, yellow, and clammy, according to a report.  He was lying face up, one arm was across his chest and the other was resting on the bed.

Bob Saget was presently on a comedy tour in Florida.  He performed on Saturday night and Tweeted that he loved the show in Jacksonville that had an appreciative audience.  He stated he enjoyed it so much he didn't realize he did a two hour set.  He shared he was happily addicted to stand-up comedy once again.

FEBRUARY 9, 2022 UPDATE

Bob Saget's cause of death has been deemed "head trauma."  According to his family, he accidentally hit the back of his head on something but was not concerned by it.  He went to sleep and never woke up.  Neither drugs nor alcohol were involved.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 07:41 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)