My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

PHILLIPS: JODY DELASKY, REALTOR

Submitted photo.

Date Published:  March 16, 2017

Jody DeLasky grew up in the Twin Cities area and graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in economics.  Moving to Price County in 1997, she worked for a local real estate office.  In 2005, she and her husband, Wes, purchased a building on the south end of Phillips next to the Super 8 Motel and opened a RE/MAX franchise, http://www.NewHorizonsRealtyWI.com.  Their business currently has four agents and serves all of Price County and beyond.  She explained, “Wes and I chose to become part of the most widely recognized, number one real estate franchise worldwide in order to give our small community great exposure and a great experience.”

Jody loves what she is doing and would choose real estate as her dream job.  “I love my job because it gives me a rare opportunity to see into the lives of others and to be a part of one of the greatest things they will ever do, which is buy or sell a house or vacation property.  It is a true blessing.”

Ten years from now, Jody hopes to continue to grow her real estate career and assist in further developing the agents that work at RE/MAX.  On a personal level, she wants to take time to explore life and enjoy time with her family.

Jody and Wes raised their family of five children in Price County.  “Three of our five children live and work in the area, and the other two live and work in Wisconsin and are located within five hours, which we are grateful for,” Jody expressed.  “We have one grandson and spend as much time with him as we are able.  He is 17 months old and is growing fast.”  Speaking of her grandchild, Brooks, Jody said the most special thing someone has done for her was when her daughter and son-in-law let her be part of the experience of the birth of her grandson.  “This was truly magical, and I feel blessed to have been a part of it.”

Clearly, Jody cherishes all of her friends and family.  While Jody wishes she lived closer to her parents, she said they have always been her voice of reason whenever she has needed to be redirected on her path.  Her “guiding light” is God.  Overall, she enjoys having diverse people in her life that will help her learn and grow.  She appreciates listening to people when they talk.  “I know that I have a lot more to learn and experience in this life,” she shared.

Jody feels we are blessed to live in America and enjoys traveling.  If she could time travel, she’d like to visit the 1950s.  Since she loves warmth and sunshine, a Florida coast is what best suits her, and she has been to many wonderful stopping points in her travels.  She said she loves the water so anything that happens on or near a beach is interesting to her.

One of the most fun and difficult things Jody has done is train for and complete a mini-triathlon in Minnesota, which involved swimming, biking, and running.  Placing fourth in her bracket, she described it as “an absolute blast and test of strength,” and she hopes to compete again and make a better placement.

Keeping in the fitness frame of mind, Jody said she would like to see bicycle trails added to Price County to bring more tourism and another fun and safe thing to do in our area.  She also said she would love to see more of our main street shops successfully open for business.

Jody hopes that young people would consider living in Price County.  “Having lived in the Twin Cities, in a suburb, and in a couple of small towns over the years, I feel that our area offers a little bit of everything.”  She said she loves that people here are genuine and kind and that her kids had a solid education and were raised with hometown values.  The fact that we can shop locally and have a relationship with business owners and those we see at the local café or pub is another bonus.  Spending time fishing, swimming, kayaking, hiking, biking, and enjoying our trails and nature in a quiet, quaint and peaceful community also make her feel a sense of community and pride that she can call Price County “home.”

If you would like to nominate someone for a “Spotlight” interview, including yourself, please e-mail us at Contact@MyPriceCounty.com with the person’s name and his or her e-mail address, Facebook page, and/or phone number.

Written By:  Lynne Bohn

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 11:25 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)