My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

KARL KELZ TO RESIGN AS DISTRICT ATTORNEY IN PRICE COUNTY

On March 15, 2023, Governor Tony Evers announced he is looking for applicants for the Price County district attorney position.

The position is currently held by Karl Kelz.  His term is set to end in June 2025; however, Karl submitted his resignation in Price County, effective April 7, 2023, to accept a position as Rusk County's assistant district attorney.

Former Price County District Attorney Mark Fuhr, who is currently Price County's assistant district attorney, working twenty hours per week in the DA's office, will continue his role.

Karl Kelz stated, “It’s been an honor and privilege to represent the good people of Price County as their district attorney.  In my time as district attorney, my office has aggressively prosecuted drug offenses, sensitive crimes, and has held offenders accountable for their actions.  Additionally, I have modernized and streamlined procedures in the district attorney's office that has resulted in timely and efficient prosecutions and have cleared many backlogged cases.  I have provided training classes for law enforcement and provided legal guidance to all law enforcement agencies within Price County.  When elected, I promised to make changes that would improve the office to help protect the citizens of Price County.  I have fulfilled my promise to Price County.  I would like to thank all of my supporters, my incredible DA staff, and the citizens of Price County.”

VOTE MEREDITH HUECKMAN FOR PHILLIPS SCHOOL BOARD ON APRIL 4, 2023!
To learn more about Meredith, read her article and follow her Facebook page.